Two-Hour Manitou Daysails
Serving Local Beer, Wine, and Hard Cider!
“This was our first experience with sailing and we both just loved it.”
Come and join us for a relaxing, entertaining, two hour cruise aboard the schooner Manitou. The ship sails three times daily from her dock on West Grand Traverse Bay in Traverse City, Michigan. Once clear of the dock, guests are invited to help set Manitou’s 3000 square feet of sail, the engine is shut off, and the ship glides along under wind power alone. There is no set route, no destination, no hurry. Wind and waves alone will determine our course during the voyage, the expert captain and crew guiding the ship to provide you with the best possible experience. You can sit back and take it all in, or become involved with the sailing of the vessel, assisting the crew with the lines or perhaps even taking a turn at the wheel if conditions allow. Beverages and snacks are available on board for purchase on all cruises. In addition, our Moomers Sail offers two scoops of delicious, locally-made Moomers ice cream, and the Evening Sail includes a “picnic meal” of a turkey wrap (vegetarian option available), pasta salad, cookie and a complimentary beverage.
Manitou Daysail Schedule “Awesome, so much fun. Great crew!!!! Enjoyed the sail immensely!”
Moomers Sail – Departs daily at 12:00, returning at 2:00 PM. Two scoops of Moomers Ice Cream (voted “#1 Scoop of Ice Cream in America” on Good Morning America) are included in the ticket price. Passengers are welcome to bring along a simple lunch (sandwiches etc.) DUE TO SPACE LIMITATIONS NO COOLERS ARE PERMITTED. Please leave beverages ashore.
Afternoon Sail – Departs daily at 3:00 PM, returning at 5:00 PM. Snacks and beverages available for purchase.
Evening Sail – Departs Monday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday*, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Snacks and beverages available for purchase, picnic meal included in ticket price.
* Our Specialty Cruises take place on the remaining evening sails.
Schedules are subject to change, and due to charters or other special events, certain voyages might not be available at their regularly scheduled time. If you are interested in a specific date and time, please check the schedule.
Advance purchase highly recommended!
Sailing with Us
Please check in at the office located at the Discovery Pier a minimum of 30 minutes before your scheduled sailing time to receive your boarding pass. If you have not checked in by this time, you may forfeit your reservation. The ship casts off promptly at the scheduled time and we cannot delay the cruise for latecomers.
Other things to consider:
- Dress warmly. It is often a fair bit cooler out on the water compared to the temperature on shore.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. The ship will sail in all weather so long as the captain feels there are no safety concerns. Tie down your hat on windy days, wear sun protection on sunny days, and bring a rain jacket on rainy days. NO UMBRELLAS ALLOWED!
- There is a bar with drinks (beer, wine, soft drinks), complimentary water and snacks available on board. Please leave coolers on shore. Purchases on board can be made with cash, Visa, Mastercard or Discover.
- Gratuities to the crew are appreciated.